2018 How to Pay for College Seminar
Congressman Elijah Cummings’ 22nd Annual How to Pay for College Seminar will be held on Monday, December 3, 2018 from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. at the Maryland Institute College of Art Brown Center located at 1301 West Mount Royal Avenue in Baltimore, Maryland.
The purpose of the How to Pay for College Seminar is to inform constituents about educational opportunities and financial assistance programs to enable them to attain a college education. Exhibitors will include representatives from community and state colleges, public and private universities and scholarship organizations to inform students and their parents about post-secondary programs and financial aid programs. A list of confirmed exhibitors can be found here.
A Financial Aid Panel Discussion will be held from 6:30PM to 7:30 PM. The speakers at the seminar are:
1. Ms. Maisha Challenger - U.S. Department of Education – Office of Federal Student Aid
Topic: Federal Financial Assistance Programs & Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
2. Ms. Sharon Hassan - College Goal Maryland, Inc.
Topic: College Goal Maryland & Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) Completion Assistance
3. Ms. Beneé Edwards - Maryland Higher Education Commission
Topic: Maryland Scholarship & Grant Programs
4. Ms. Angela Harrison - Central Scholarship
Topic: How to Search for Private Scholarship Opportunities
5. Mr. Aaron Lemon-Strauss - The College Board
Topic: S.A.T. Preparation & College Application Fee Waivers
6. Mr. Ephraim Burgess - Morgan State University
Topic: The College Admissions Process & What Colleges Look for in Students
7. Ms. Julie Knox-Brown - Howard Community College
Topic: Why Students Should Consider a Community College to Begin their Postsecondary Education
Please RSVP by clicking here, or by calling (410) 685-9199