NEW: White House Launches Online Veterans Employment Center
The White House recently launched a new online resource for veterans, transitioning service members, and their spouses. The site, called the Veterans Employment Center, is the first interagency tool to bring a wealth of public and private job opportunities, a resume-builder, military skills translator and detailed career and training resources together in one place. The Veterans Employment Center will provide employers with access to a targeted pool of resumes from veterans and transitioning service members, allowing them to search resumes to identify veterans with skill sets applicable to civilian employment at their organization, and to track progress towards reaching their veteran hiring goals. Resumes are visible to all employers with an active LinkedIn or Google profile. To prevent spam, an applicant’s name and email address are redacted and only visible to employers verified by the VA as registered companies with the IRS. The site is also built using open data and an open application programming interface to attract private-sector innovation.
The Veterans Employment Center can be found at: https://www.ebenefits.va.gov/ebenefits/jobs
Help for Veterans
- How can I contact the Department of Veterans Affairs?
- How can I get education benefits under the Montgomery GI Bill?
- What is the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program?
- How can I get medical benefits?
- How can I get information on suicide prevention?
- How can I get a home loan?
- How can I get life insurance?
- How can I get vocational rehabilitation and employment benefits?
- How can I get survivor benefits?
- What drug benefits are available?
- How can I get a copy of my military records?
- How can I apply for a medal, award, or decoration that I earned while in the service?
- What other services are available to me?
More information and help
- Where can I get more information on Federal benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get more information on Maryland benefits for veterans?
- Where can I get help getting my veterans benefits?
- Where can I access wounded and deceased veteran resources?
- Are there additional benefits available to me?
Information for Military Personnel.